Medical-Surgical Nurses Week
Medical-Surgical Nurses Week is Your Special Time to Shine
For our AMSN 30th Anniversary year, we are extending Med-Surg Nurses Week 2021 to a FULL MONTH of celebrating and honoring our nurses - 30 Days for 30 Years!
This year, be sure to use the hashtag #MSNW21 so we can find your posts, and share your med-surg pride!
What's on Tap for This Week/Month?
We don't want to ruin all of the surprises, but be sure to check your emails, our social media channels, and our AMSN Connect app to get updates and get in on the fun, prizes, giveaways, surprises, support, and education we have planned for you!
MED-Surg Nurses Month Schedule
Remember USE #MSNW21 in all your posts, so we can find your submissions! You'll also get a weekly email reminders to log-in to some of our free Zoom offerings!
2021 EVENTS- #MSNW21
Nov 1 - Education Sessions - Free Sessions for You - Access three free sessions of CE in our online library - an email will be sent out to members with the links to the library.
November 3- Premier Partner Medtronic Free Webinar 2 PM EST - Topic: The PRODIGY Study and the PRODIGY Risk Prediction Tool: First Step Toward Improving Outcomes and Reducing Costs. The PRODIGY study, published in 2020, placed a milestone in the management of patients at risk of respiratory compromise in PACUs and med-surg units around the world. Dr. Yuste will give us an update on the use of this tool since its inception. Register here!
ALL Month Long Nov 1-30 - AMSN Store 30% Discount for members only! Enjoy 30% off, for 30 days in November, during our 30th year! (Members Only).
Nov 5, 12, 19, 26 - Fit Fridays - Enjoy the many benefits of yoga during these FREE evening practices offered by Jill Arouzman.
Nov 3, 10, 17, 24 - Wednesday Wind-Downs - Play our social media game of the day and you are in the running to get a relaxation basket!
Nov 5, 12, 19, 26 - Fur Baby Fridays - Share a pic of your pet on our social channels, and you're eligible to get some Med-Surg Nurse pet swag!
Nov 24 - Gratitude Day - A special video message and gift for our members to help you through the holidays ahead.
Nov 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 - Free Membership Mondays! Follow along on our social accounts for the morning prompt, play along, and you could receive a complimentary. One-Year Full AMSN Annual Membership (valued at $85.00)! Check out our membership page to what perks a professional AMSN membership could get you!
Nov 27 - Free Webinar - Learn About CMSRN in a special session with our MSNCB President-Elect Wes Foster.
November 29th - PRISM Roundtable - Q & A - Learn how you can apply and be recognized for all your wonderful hard work and med-surg nursing expertise!
ALL Month Long- Submit your healthy recipes for our 30th Anniversary Med-Surg Cookbook! Watch the submission video here!
ALL Month Long- Submit Your Med-Surg Spark- Submit a short 30 second phone video about who / what was your med-surg spark to ignite your interest in med-surg nursing. Send to MSM@amsn.org
2021 EDUCATION - #MSNW21
Stay tuned for our full line-up of free webinars, live Q & As, and more, all month long!
More Ways to Celebrate being a Med-Surg Nurse
Ideas for Celebrating at Your Facility
Here are a few of our suggestions, we hope they inspire more ideas from you.
- Purchase "I love med-surg nursing" merchandise for your nurses at the AMSN Store.
- Bring in meals for your nurses as a treat during their shift.
- Post celebratory signs in your med-surg unit.
- Print and distribute certificates recognizing the contributions your nurses make every day.
- Surprise your nurses with AMSN membership, nothing says "thank you" like free education.
Talking About Medical-Surgical Nursing with the Media
When someone asks how medical-surgical nurses make a difference, remind them that we:
- Improve patient care through evidence-based practice.
- Advocate for patients and families at the local and national levels.
- Serve their communities through care and education.
- Build the profession of nursing and the medical-surgical nursing specialty.
- Promote medical-surgical nursing certification, resulting in better and safer health care.
- Speak, write, and conduct research to inspire and educate others.
- Mentor and nurture each other.
- Use #MSNW21
Ideas for Celebrating in Your Community - Spread the word!
- Post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and use the hashtag #MSNW21!
- (We hold contests throughout the week based on who's sharing on social media!)
- Submit an article about medical-surgical nursing to your facility newsletter before Medical-Surgical Nurses Week or contact your local newspaper.
- Invite local or state legislators to tour your facility during the week so they better understand the role of medical-surgical nurses.