Open and Active Calls for Volunteers
AMSN members are the strength of our association. Your time, talent, and expertise guide the organization and advance the specialty of medical-surgical nursing. When we have openings on our current volunteer units or new ones are being formed, a Call for Volunteers will emailed to members and shown below.
Qualifications for all Volunteer Groups:
- Practicing RN
- BSN or higher degree
- Personal device with webcam required
- Able to meet project completion timeline
Most volunteer opportunities require AMSN membership or CMSRN certification, please review the specific call for volunteers for specific requirements.
Current Open Calls
AMSN PRISM Award Review Team (Apply by June 16, 2021)
AMSN is currently looking for reviewers to join the team that reviews and scores applications for the AMSN PRISM Award®. We invite you to submit your application, if you meet the qualifications listed below, for this very active committee.
- Full member of AMSN for at least one year
- Not currently serving on any AMSN or MSNCB National Volunteer Unit
- RN with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in med-surg nursing
- Ability and willingness to commit the necessary time to read and score applications and collaborate with other reviewers for the selection of the award (5-10 hours per month)
- Ability to read and analyze quantitative and qualitative answers using an objective scoring tool
- Basic knowledge of, and accessibility to, Excel or compatible spreadsheet software
- Complete the online application and submit resume/CV by specified application date
- Experience in selecting award winners (hospital-wide, regional, or national) preferred
- Experience with OpenWater online application scoring (Preferred, but not required. Training will be provided.)
- Review and score AMSN PRISM Award applications both independently and collaboratively with a team following the prescribed scoring tool (approximately 4 hours per application)
- Evaluate each application within the indicated time frame (usually 10-14 days)
- Participate in one-hour conference call with other reviewers for applications (intermittent on an as-needed basis)
- Respond to committee email communications within two business days, or as requested by chair
- Total time commitment of 5-10 hours per month
- Commit to a two-year term of service, with an option to renew for another two years if desired
- Active PRISM reviewers are not permitted to consult with the development and writing of an AMSN PRISM Award application, for any unit, while they are serving on the committee, and for six months following the end of their term.
Please allow 15-20 minutes to complete the volunteer application and have a current CV or resume ready for upload. Applicants will receive an application status approximately 3 weeks after the application closing date.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com